View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 09:05 PM

Default How do I semibluff well?

I'm trying to include some outrageous semibluffs to be a little less predictable, sometimes it works, and other times it goes wrong like it did below. I'm playing pot limit so things might be a little more difficult.

Onto the hand. I saw this as a good opportunity to play some sexy poker with the pair and flush, but bottled it on the turn.

Pokerroom $25 pl from memory

I've $25 and villian covers, he's in the sb and I'm in co.

Dealt 87[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after one limper, call and villian raises to 75cents or something like that, limper folds and I call making the pot $3

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and villian bets $2. I raise to $5, which I think is a little weak, would $8 be better? Villian calls and we're onto the turn with $13 in the pot, I think I have $18 left at this point.

The turn is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making a possible straight, and the betting goes check/check.

River is a blank and it's checked down.

I'm thinking that raising the flop to $8 then potting turn might be a better plan.