View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Moses (Custer) Hand#3 A9o UTG 6-handed with 10.5xbb

I presume the raise (vs. push) preflop is designed to leave Hero with enough chips to make a sizeable bet if on the flop or later if called, creating two FE spots instead of just the one for the push. SB, Button, and CO probably don't play any looser against this raise than they would against a push, but what worries me is that the guy in the BB, the one most likely to call anyway, is a big stack. It would suck pretty bad to have the BB call and lead out on the flop into us.
The other thing is that it's hard to make a cont. bet on the flop without getting completely committed to the huge pot...I am guessing that Hero, at the risk of giving BB a free card, wanted to represent a monster that was trying to induce a turn bluff by checking behind on the flop...but the pot's so big on the turn after SB bets out that if he has any piece, he probably has to call. Plus checking behind on the flop doesn't really paint the most credible picture of a strong hand IMO...the pot is so big that it seems like Hero would just want to take it down if he had the best hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t1340)
Button (t580)
SB (t800)
BB (t3375)
Hero (t2105)
MP (t1800)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to t700</font>, 4 folds</font>, BB calls t500.

Flop: (t1500) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t1500) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB bets t700</font>, Hero raises all-in.