View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Tell me it\'s going to be ok :)

for you lazy ppl who don't want to read lots, I put the meat in bold

Hi, just wanted some advice from people who have been there before.

I play a lot of poker.

PT says I’ve played over 750 table hours, and that’s not counting the eternity I spent 2 tabling the .25/.50 game to built my roll from 20 bucks to a grand (8bb/100 over 25k hands). About 3.4bb/100 over 41k hands at .5/1 and ½, so I’m not a newbie by any means.

I am pretty damn accustomed to normal swings, but in the last 7k hands, I am in the largest swing I’ve ever had.

The funny thing is, I’m not freaking out or really worried, but I’m just wondering, how do you guys deal with it?

7k hands is about 30 hours of strait 3 or 4 tabling for me and the cards have been absolutely unreal. I am honestly more in awe of how bad cards can run than anything.

Just as a small example, I plugged 2k hands of 2/4 (my first attempt at full time 2/4, how wonderful!) into poker grader. Results: -270 dollars, Overall grade A: cumulative luck, -23. And this was not surprising at all, I knew I just had unreal back luck.

So yeah, advice on how to go about it? My confidence is getting shaky, to say the least, expecting the worst, etc, though I honestly think I'm still playing well.