View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Too quick to go WA/WB?

[ QUOTE ]
Why raise the flop? Hero knows exactly where he stands, and is taking this hand to showdown every time. I think the best way to induce mistakes from SB is confuse him by just calling the flop and perhaps calling the turn as well.

I can understand raising the turn or river, but r aising the flop here is horrible IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well raising on the flop is cheaper and if we get 3-bet, it would clue us into a better hand than ours. Just because villian does a continuation bet on the flop OOP, doesn't mean that he necessarily hit; he could have AQ, AJ, etc. Like someone else said, it's probably more likely he has an A than a K. Sure, he could have a AK, AA, or KK. If he's aggressive, he'll 3-bet the flop or pop on the turn if it's a true monster.

Hero calls the flop 3-bet and reevaluates (a.k.a. has a flush redraw or improves). Since the flop is pretty draw dry, it's probably more likely that we're beat on the flop if we get 3-bet.

So I'd probably muck on the turn UI/no redraw. Is this weak-tight since there's only 11 hands? Calling down doesn't seem right to me. This line saves us money when we're beat and gets more money in if we are winning on the flop. Of course, if we knew exactly where we are against villian we could have a perfect line... I'd rather let my opponents invest their money so I can develop a read as time goes on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]