View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Lies, damn lies, and statistics

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point of a bad streak is that it it not your poor play but the bad run of cards that is causing you to lose. Adjusting your game will not prevent bad streaks.

In fact one reason people look at stats and such like is to help distinguish between bad streaks and bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you on most bad streaks being a bad run at cards. However, unless you are a robot, everyone is human and will slip from time to time and play a weaker game than usuall. The problem I have with relying mainly on stats is that you might overlook your weakness, and blame it on the cards. So, when I hit a bad streak, I look at my game first and make sure that I am not slipping in one way or another. After that, if it is not something I can fix, I know it is just a bad luck streak and not a bad play streak.

But this is all besides the point. I personally do not like keeping all kinds of stats, but for some people it might really help their game. And for those, I say "Good for you". But, the original post was about not liking all the stats, and I agreed with him. Either way, the overall game of poker gets better as the players do. So do what you must to make your game top notch.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]