View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: continually running on empty

[ QUOTE ]
so when i'm lower in stack, loosen up my pushing standards, and if folded to me on button or late position, or in sb/bb, push with almost anything? seems to be the general idea. i was really surprised about 25s for example and 65o. aren't i likely to get called eventually before i get ITM? if so i'm probably beat with some of these cards.

the sng guide says aim to steal with 25% of blinds like Ax, pairs, K Q etc. but i think this assumes even stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You metioned in a previous post u also play ring games. I would assume by the size of your post flop bets that it is limit. Maybe concentrate on NL for a while as the betting patterns a very much different.
Your post flop play is where you are falling down you need to increse the size of your bets to at a min half the pot to pot and over. If this consumes more than half your stack then push. This is probably leaking you chips earlier on in the tourney as well which leaves you with less chips then u started with by level 4/5.
Your table image is another matter. You fold to any raise or big bet. Good players will be aware of this and i bet someone always min raises your BB or puts in a big bet after a check/small bet post flop.
However Looking at your hands I would have been bust with your 98s.
But sometimes that will hold up and now u have a better stack position.

The push with the 25o definetly you had a bigger stack. When u get to the position where u have a bigger stack always ask the smaller stack a question. Never give them free blinds u will regret it later.

Another scenario can arise which is sometimes great. If 2 big stacks go at it and you have a mid drawing hand get in there. They normally have high cards/pairs and if you hit a straight or flush you will treble your stack.

Derfinetly get harringtons books, Even though they are more geared towards longer live torneys they will definetly improve your game.