View Single Post
Old 01-09-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Ultra high buy-in SnG...beatable?

I'm going to agree with Daliman on this one... I'm not one of the regulars or anything, but I play some 215s when I feel my game is on point and I can make a few bucks if I catch a hot streak; I hold down a ~10% ROI, though I do it as much for sport as anything else. Anyhow, I really dont think the game can be played much better than the top 215 players play it. There's a certain way to play the game that they all understand, and I dont think any of the world's best could really find a significant edge over the strategies that the top 215 players employ. It's just too quick, and too relatively simple, of a game. I'm sure they could adjust, but the structure is such that either you're playing a winning or losing game at the 215s, there's very little gray area. The bets during crunch time are also very black and white -- I challenge anyone to put me on a hand any time I raise in level 4+, it's just not doable -- and there's also very little room to play the hands out, you either get in or get out. I do see a Negreanu getting way more 1sts than seconds, working over some of the top 215 players in heads up situations, and maybe that would be the edge, but up until then I think it's about zero sum between him and a guy like Daliman.