Thread: Trapping a LAG
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Trapping a LAG

Party 1/2 NL 6-Max.
We are 5-handed. I'm in the BB. The reason I'm playing at this table is sitting in the SB. He's very LAG, and in particular I've noticed he has a tendency to overbet the river, often with junk. If he pays attention to table image, he'd see me as a tight player who can make stabs at smaller pots. I called an all-in rereraise from him with a set (he had TP2K), and another all in with AA (he had middle pair).

I have $160, he has $200.
I get dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. Everyone folds to SB, who completes. I check.
Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB bets $2 into a $4 pot. Hero?

My lines are either to raise to $8-$10 or call. A raise charges draws and makes the pot big enough to be worth playing for. Calling shows weakness and tries to induce a bluff. Problem is, a lot of cards are going to slow me down or kill my action: any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], any 6, 7, 8, 9, or T.