Thread: trading & poker
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 AM

Default trading & poker

I started out trading this year and managed to achieve a 83% ROI annualised (38% in 191 days).

My next step will be to get together a good trading stake so that I can trade fulltime. I think I can beat the market big time. I think I have a good feel for it and the skills required (analysing a situation, thinking in a broad perspective, etc).

I'm getting serious about poker and figured that would the best way to make some money to get together my trading stake. I worked as an IT-consultant last year and taxes & rent ate my earnings alive.

I started out this august and beat 1$/2$ Limit from the start. Unfortunately I lost my earnings to NL games. This week I'm taking another shot at Limit, including using PT, bonus-whoring etc. I want to move up to 3$/6$ by the end of the year.

Q1) What do think of the idea in general?
Q2) At the moment I'm out of work. Should I get a job again for some non-variant income? I'm getting unemployment benefit, which is quite a lot. (~150-200$/month)
Q3) When should I shift from my poker BR to my trading account? I guess I want to have at least 10G$ before cashing out.

I'm 24, got a B.Sc. and would like to do a M.Sc./Ph.D. but I don't have the money.