View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: POLL---Who is more Reasonable

I do agree with your criticism, particularly the fact that my question was "fuzzy". However, this---->
[ QUOTE ]
If the figures were the other way round would your interpretation be something like 'Aha, most people think its more reasonable to believe in God so it must be'?

[/ QUOTE ]is not the case:

No, then I would have to admit that it is Christian people (at least in this small sample) who are more narrowminded and illogical. Happy that was not the result. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm not saying that atheists as a group are more predjudiced, but it seems to me, that this poll does show that a bigger percentage of believers than non-believers are willing to presume that their position is "reasonable" while their opponents' is "UNreasonable." I think that's a modest claim, and I think it's held up by lots of anecdotal evidence in the many discussions around this board.

Your alternative explanation may be true...but I doubt it. I haven't heard any god-lovers around here arguing that their position is based entirely on faith, without justification, particularly when the alternative is "BELIEF that God does not exist," which I specifically chose rather than "Doubt that God Exists."