View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm too late for tonight's game, but that book makes 2 points about heads up play that are not hard to understand and can improve your results immediately...

1) With 2 players left, assuming those players are of equal skill, each players chances of winning are equal to the proportion of each stack to the total number of chips.

2) Typically (that is, when the blinds are huge and quickly increasing) the only major mistake you can make is folding too much.

Actually, one or both of these might be from Sklansky's book. In any case, assuming your tournaments have a pretty typical structure, make sure you aren't doing the second thing. In fact, depending on how poorly you are playing this situation (no offense) you might improve your results with a very simple all-in strategy.

For instance, you might consider raising all-in with any ace, king, or pair and folding everything else. When to call an all-in is a little trickier, but probably more often than you are right now. This isn't a great stratrgy, nor can I really give you a great strategy, but if you are seriously getting run over at the end, it will probably work a bit better.