View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 20+2 Party SnG Leak?

If I'm reading your post correctly and you have only 129 SNGs at the 10s? Then I would like to give you a cautious word of warning.

If these are your first SNGs, then it is quite probable that you are actually running hot right now. An ITM of 50% is most likely not sustainaable over the long run.

Perhaps it will never happen to you, but be prepared for streaks of tournaments lasting over 150 games where you lose money. If you play long enough be ready for 500+ game sets where you lose money or just break even. Streaks of finishing OTM in the teens are not that unusual. So when you finish OTM 14 times in a row, don't post asking if that is the worst anyone has ever heard of, because it's not even close. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Variance is a part of the game. That's always the thing when you first move up, you can't always tell if you are playing well and winning due to skill, playing well and losing due to variance, playing well and breaking even, or playing poorly but winning and thinking this new level is a cinch.

If you already knew all of this then you have my apologies.

Best of luck at the tables.