View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: A problem with some religous views. Conclusion

chez, wow it was easy this time. Nothing hard to understand. I taught you well to edit well - lol.

Anyway, I think I follow all that you say. I also think I agree with it. I want to review it all before I give you my "imprimatur". *

Before then, for now I did want to tell you this:

I am not assuming you are referring to any particular religion in you posts. But for your edification, I will point out to you that if one understands modern-day Catholicism, one has no conflict here.

We do not follow because of the evidence (and, too, our God is not like your other quotes). In fact it is almost the opposite for us. Jesus said "Blessed are those who have believed and have not seen." He was referring to (doubting) Thomas who would not believe until he put his hands in Jesus’ wounds after the Resurrection.

p.s. I wouldn’t mind talking about your “moral sense” thing when you finish this. I want to discuss what you have in mind where the moral sense comes from (especially if not religion, perhaps it is philosophy - like you say -for another post).

* In case you don't know an “imprimatur” is basically "an official stamp" our Church uses to give its signature to a particular book to show the reader that the book follows Doctrine. It is mostly used for editions of the Bible and things of a more formal nature - not anything like rating literature verboten.