View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Do Pro Poker Players Make Good Clients For A Financial Advisor?

Or just Steve Wynn...lol lol (id like to make a buy for 13k shares of berkshire hathaway plz...thank you)

I fully understand that real estate is on a bubble and dont really care. I would be buying real estate solely in areas I knew not to be overvalued and for the long term(I would buy real estate before 4 yrs ago with my money as it is historically, when bought in areas with oustanding public school systems and low vulnerability too white flight or population flow, the best investment in the U.S . Id also be renting the properties and wouldnt be looking for any equity pull out within 5 yrs so....bAasically you are correct now is not the optimal time to buy real estate bbut my point is much broader...due to market sluggishness which will extend for the better part of the decade and bc of tax incentives, I still will be putting money into real-estate after I get a real job and paycheck...

REMEMBER 1) GOOD SCHOOLS 2) POPULATION PRESSURE(THINK MIDDLING SUBURBS STUCK BETWEEN SATURATED URBAN AREAS AND EXPANIDING LESS DESIRABLE X-BURBS)3) No white flight Im not a rascist but I think you can figure this one out for yourself...

There will be substantial costs to buying in such areas but there is VERY little vulnerability to actually loosing money and while the prices WILL not grow at the rate thats has been seen since the tech burst...It will be in excess of 4-5% a yr, this when coupled with tax breaks and any potential positive cashflow from renting(If the ratres grow more people will be forced to rent correct?? this is the classic real estate hedge for the long term investor.) and real estate is amazing.