View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Folding QQ near the bubble with an overpair and a pair on the board

Some of the things you said made a lot of sense I think.

I definitely would have bet the flop regardless of whether I thought I had the best hand or not (as that is what I did in most of the pots I won without showdown) so I don't think my bet indicated any kind of a strong hand from me (i.e. villian might feel easily able to push me around with a big bet compared to my stack).

I like your bigger bet on the flop. He probably would have either folded or reraised that amount. Since my hand was vulnerable maybe a fold is the best I could hope for in that type of situation. If he had reraised I would have still folded probably but I don't think that would be a bad fold.

With my T600 bet, if he had a strong hand, he probably would have reraised but not necessarily so maybe it doesn't tell me that much(i.e. not a good bet)? ...At the time I suspected he might have been slow playing, trying to get me to call but I think that was probably a dumb thought.

...I usually have pretty standard amounts (not really on purpose, that's just how it turns out) that I bet and raise in these types of situations but it's really amazing to see how differently hands could play out depending on these types of things.

hmmmmmm.