View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Folding QQ near the bubble with an overpair and a pair on the board

[ QUOTE ]
Well how many get paid...being a poor (not having money) player not necessarily bad, I understand your dilemma. If the top 120 or so get paid then I can see folding although I probably would've said either he has me or he doesn't. If its any higher than 120 like top 75 then go all-in b/c you are either going to be blinded out b4 you hit the 75 or will need some miracle cards to get to that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it was actually top 54 get paid (further away from the bubble than I thought actually). I guess it just seemed near the bubble since we had been playing for a long time.

I wasn't folding because I wanted to squeak into the money though, I just thought I could build my stack back up. I do believe this was one of the pivital hands though (which is why I posted it). I ended up going all-in preflop several hands later with TT against AKs (which I wouldn't have done if I hadn't had a short stack). I do think that had I doubled up I would have been in good position to get paid but my thinking was more along the lines of: 'you have enough money, no need to be rash, play your game, wait for the right conditions.'

I have had problems in the past with just acting too quickly and going with my adrenaline instinct. I guess I should make sure not to over-correct and be too timid though. It's really hard to see where that line is (for me at least).