View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 12:21 PM

Default i\'ve often thought, \"How good are Party SNG players---

even at the higher limits- compared to Stars?" i've often thought that simply being able to make more money on Party because of the constant and often weaker action does'nt really say much about how good you are. now, that's not to say Party does'nt have good players. it just that when you start with a lower stack and the blind levels seem to move faster, it seems as if less skill is involved and more luck. since weak players often rely on that luck factor as evidence in their play and strategy, being able to win money from this type of playing does'nt take alot of skill. even on Stars with the bigger starting stacks, i've often coasted to the money and won one and two table SNGs simply by watching crapshoot players crash and burn. does that mean i played with skill? no. i was simply observant and disciplined enough to stay out of the way. that's very easy to do when you're not getting cards. i feel there is more strategy and thinking involved when playing with a Stars stack. to me, that was crucial to my development as a new player and it still is. IMO, Party's structure can have a bad effect on a beginning player's development when it comes to the nuiances of the game. i've ran into quite a few low level Party players that switched to PS, who had got caught up in all the hype about being able to make alot of money off the bad players at Party. IMO, PS is alot better for beginners who are serious about learning to play the game and play well. it takes time though, wherever you play. even on Stars, i did'nt become better until i actually started to play for Real Money. i still have a long way to go.

good luck, dude

Destin