View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: huge pot for micro - how\'d I play?

[ QUOTE ]
unless I had some sort of pretty strong read on him (e.g. "he won't go nuts postflop without the near nuts")

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty much my exact read on most of my micro opponents. They are all too loose and too passive and I'm not going a million bets with a flush on a paired board when all they've done postflop is raise every chance they could. The original poster in this thread has some big misconceptions and telling him "you flopped the nuts keep raising" isn't going to help them.

To original poster: (1) This isn't about tight or loose, its about passive or aggressive. 3 betting preflop is too aggressive for the situation, folding preflop would be too tight. Calling the raise preflop would have been an appropriate level of tightness and aggression.

(2) postflop, put me in your head here, what were you thinking during the hand? I don't mean this in the "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YOU RETARD?? way, I mean what was your thought process so we can use that as a stepping stone towards a better one. It seems to me you did little more than think "i have a flush i will raise now" and poker is too complex a game for that to fly.

-DeathDonkey