View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: here\'s a tricky situation from 5/5 PLO

[quoteThis is analagous to folding KKQQ to a pot sized bet on the turn on the board 348K in PLO/8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree on that one. In the PLO8 situation, there is a good chance you cannot bluff him on river, whatever it is.
In the PLO situation described there is 1000 $ left to bluff with, and we have position. As crockpot said, the fact that our opponent waited the turn to raise, whereas he could have made it with already 2 callers on flop, is very good news. He doesnt have a monster, but most likely nuts with no redraws, or little. And by the way, I know a lot of players who can sometimes raise here with AsXs99. So I dont like a fold here. Most of the time, unless I have a specific read on my opponent, I would call, and automatically bet all-in on river if it is checked to me, and of course fold for an all-in bet if the river is scary.
I dont say folding here is an horrible play, but I cant imagine folding regularly on such a spot : we are basically head's up with nuts on turn, and we have "bluffing equity".

Question : if the third player had called your bet on turn, would you tend to call more or fold more ? What about raising all-in ?