View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Worse hands will fold, better hands will call....

[ QUOTE ]
If he has QQ, JJ, or AK then I win about $200 on this hand. If he has AA or TT, I lose $400.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most players will call with QQ/JJ here oh and dont forget A10 and 99...

[ QUOTE ]
If I just call the $65 I give two people the chance to outflop me, if I reraise it's hard to get action unless I'm behind, so I either win $100 or lose $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more like it. I dont know what to do but the spot is definitely not easy.

[ QUOTE ]
When the turn bricks, I either risk giving a free card to a draw, or I make a bet that will only get called by hands that crush me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving a freecard is not that bad if you bet enough on the flop and your opponents are willing to bluff if they dont fill up.
My experience tell me that its not the problem though if I have AK on Kxx flop I bet 3 times and observe KQ, KJ, K10 , QQ, JJ calling me down.

I see the point of this post. I have the same problem with mediocre hands (like KJ on Kxx 2tone board) this is where pot control came in handy. Yours is about big hands though I think the solution is to bluff more if you really dont get calls from medium hands in these situations...

Best wishes