View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Re: I think my biggest leak is...

Ed,

Great post. I agree completely. I am about 2/3 of the way through your book and it is really excellent and tremendously helpful. Thanks for writing it and continuing to contribute so much to this board.

One of the things I really like about the book is that it is organized around the really important things. There is a tremendous amount of discussion on these boards about very marginal situations. That is all fine and good, especially for those players who are already pretty solid winners and are trying to be expert. However, for those who are not at that stage, identifying the big leaks is much more important. Your book is helping me focus much more on things like "how to protect my hand in a big pot" (and for those who don't already have the book there is really detailed discussion of this and related concepts) and not "could I have squeezed one more big bet out of my monster hand".

All the best,

Colgin

P.S. In that regard, you will be happy to know that other than reading it through once, I have spent literally no time studying your pre-flop charts. (Which is not to say that I disagree in any way with that advice; I think it is spot on.)