View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

"Don't post any of your own hands. Just reply to as many hands that are posted with your thoughts and see how your advice stands up."

Actually that's what I had been doing for the past couple of weeks.
I'm changing things up now by actually posting a few of my own hands.

Yours and allin3high's ideas are valid.
I don't think I'm going to stay away for a week though.

I might play total retard .02/.04 however which sounds kind of fun.

I remember doing that back in January on the designated .5/1 table when Bisonbison was playing his 24-hour marathon.
Several of us 2+2'ers there were capping every street.
I caught like crazy and won 180BB's in 110 hands or something ridiculous.
I had a really silly streak where I won 6 or 7 hands in a row (most of them on the river). Good times.

I already mentioned the possibility of heading to full-ring playing super weak-tight...or small stakes Miller NL short-stack system...or tourneys.
Whatever. Lots of possibilities.

My tourney game is +$1000 at Stars this past week thank goodness and I've had a few other good performances in there (11th place out of 240 in back to back weeks in the Party 15k-point tourney awarding a PPM cruise to 1st...among other solid performances).

amazingly I'm not nearly as down about this as you might think.
The worst that can happen is that I would actually have to go out and get a REAL job (GASP...the horrors!!!!).

my GF is still crazy about me...my cat is still cute...I still have my health....etc etc.

It's not the end of the world...No biggie.
I'm just a bad poker-player (these days), that's all.
I'd prefer to be a not-as-bad poker-player so I'm going to take steps to try to make that happen.