View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: My losing streak wins!!

From you're post you sound like you've kind of disregaurded the money won or lost, i guess you play reasonably high stakes?

Do you depend on it as your income or is this just a hobby?

I seriously think you need to take 2 days off, one day isn't enough but 2days will be good.

Just dont play!!!!

If you really can't control the urge, then maybe read a book on poker but when i had a 100BB swing(yeah seems like pennys vs yours i know) but a downswing is a downswing; They affect confidance if its the worst you've experienced (which that was)! My mind litrally clouded up, it felt like i didnt know why i was raising AJs and i didn't know why im betting a flop when i hold Ace Jack High... my mind just clouded up and i felt lost.

I took a break, then i played lower limit game(.10/.20 i think lol) and winning a pot cleared my mind.

It was wierd, thats why i say i suck at the psychological side of the game interms of tilt/varience(ok im crap post flop but anyhow).

Infact it wasn't the cash i won($1 or 2), it was just the fact i could see i won 10BB's!

It takes will power though to leave your pc... specially if you love poker as i assume you must(Love and hate after this swing).

Maybe drop to 2/4 or 3/6 as you say and get back you're feel for the game without the worry of losing big cash.

If 2/4 still feels like a fair bit of cash, play 1/2 and try win 20BB's. Move up to 2/4....

After all, its better to play GOOD POKER at 2/4 than play weaktight poker at 5/10 because of the downswing you're experiencing right?

I think you just need to rebuild you're confidance, you're game will then adjust to your good TAG play(Where you bet JJ even if a ACE HITS vs a MANIAC).

Then re-read a book, be it SSH or TOP or WTO... Whichever. Do the quizzes to confirm you know you're playing well. All this will help with confidance(Although the quizzes are full ring i know)

I really think after regaining that confidance you're natural tendancies(The good TAG play you've played 1000's of hands with) will come together.

Good luck bob, keep us updated!