View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: But I have the button! I have to bet the flop!

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, you did misplay this hand completely. Yes, Aces do hold up heads-up, but not often multi-way. On the flop you have CR*P! Aces only, with a possible backdoor flush. You're dead to any set, open-end or wrap, and almost every two pair. Why call a flop bet? To prove you have balls and not brains? It was a bad one, honestly. I do hope to get a very facetious response from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, but that's perfectly acceptable because the games you play in are different to mine.
I play PLO8 with people who do bluff, so do you, it's just that you have never ever called these people when they bet, so they get away with pushing you off the best hand time and time again.

I have absolutely no idea why you think a guy with 2 pair is dominating me (often they will be no better than 50/50 on the flop). Certainly they wont be better than 57/43 which gives more than correct pot odds to call. Considering I hold AA, the turn card helps me more if I can get heads up as it lowers the opponents chance of having me beaten for both high and low draw. The chance of anyone calling my pot bet preflop with JJ or TT is quite slim, add into this equation that it's the guy on the button betting (button players are notorious for betting any crap), add into this the chance of opponents folding when they should be calling the turn (because they really don't *have* to have me beat just because they make 1 bet. Plenty of people bet all manner of draws on the flop with position, and since they all missed the turn and the added low draw helps my hand, it looks a good place to shove and put pressure on them to fold.