Thread: Sticky
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Sticky

Andy great sticky, truly you got it spot on regarding the friendly forum part.

Couple o' suggestions for you:

1) Re: If you don't care enough to invest $35 and spend some time studying the literature, then why should we care about helping you?

This sort of clashes with the "friendly" image painted by the stickys opening line of 'friendly forum' and does give a vibe that its like some of the other forums where people wait to 'devour newbies'.

I'd change it to something more along the lines of if you don't buy the books and read them you are seriously disadvantaged to other players who have taken the time to buy them and read them (like AndyB 20 times) and if they know more about the game than you, then you're in trouble if you sit and their table. (Don't write this, it sounds terrible but you know what I'm getting at, something along these lines)

2) I love the way you talk about Party's lowest limit but I think its too short.

You should get about 5 different low limit ante examples from different sites and compare them very briefly by saying "High ante play a little looser, very low ante play tight, standard ante play solid" etc.

3) Also mention that sometimes the forum has friendly games, these are a ball.

Just my 0.02, great sticky

Cheers,
SDM