View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: What and Where to Play in Tunica

most here prefer the room at the horseshoe.

it is true that the 4/8 is the lowest that is spread there.

the new room there is REALLY terrific.

there are about a zillion threads in this forum repeating most of the information given here.

just do a search in the B&M forum for 'Tunica' in the subject-line for the past 3 months or so and you will get all kinds of information.

I'm pretty much a Horseshoe/Gold Strike guy. They are walking distance right-next-door to each other...so if the line is looking a little long at Horseshoe I'll check things out over there.
I very occasionally play at the Grand.
I never play at Sam's Town or Hollywood. My experiences at both wre something along the lines of "Why am I wasting my time here when I could be a better room just up the road?"

The comps at Horseshoe are legit. And it was a matter of me just getting back from Vegas to realize why people drool for the comps so much there.
Eating at the table (and having the runner bring you the food) while playing at a 4/8 game is evidently NOT common-place in most rooms.
Getting comps for the buffet just for the asking even if you've only been playing 2-3 hours at 4/8 or 10/20 is also NOT common-place.

I know we've kind of laughed at steamboatin and bigdaddy when they talk about how cool it is for them to see actual chip-runners at Caesar's Indiana.
Well, I'm just the opposite in that when I'm outside of Tunica I'm kind of like, "Wait....you mean they will only bring you food to the table if you play on a higher-stakes table?"

Tunica (and specifically the Horseshoe) comps are the BOMB!!
Since I rarely play outside the Tunica region I am just now REALLY learning that.