View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: the dude who\'s raising preflop, he\'s got QQ. I\'ve got T8s. I...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The -EV of having a worse hand going in is made up for (and more) by the hugely positive EV knowing his cards. I would almost certainly reraise and try to get it heads up between me and queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on now. Most players are showdown bound when the have queens. You simply will not make a hand often enough to justify the preflop expense. And I'm totally ignoring the possibility of somebody waking up behind you with another big hand.

-Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the thing...if we're JUST talking about outplaying him HU then of course you fold. QQ will call down tons of the time hu.

but we are very likely now to be multiway. two early folks just put in 1bb each, people will now come in with more hands. i think this may be true so i'll write it then think about it:

on the margin, each additional player that enters in this spot gives us a > equity gain/increase in pot odds. ok so you were getting 1.25+1:1 immediate pot odds plus you know raisers hand. w/ KTo, if another person calls, you get the same 1.25+2:1 that you got before but now like your hand less as more people enter the pot (you wont win it often enough and will end up paying off 2nd best more often in general), so your equity (including playability of hand)/pot odds INCREASE would be <1. w/ T8s i think that as more people enter the pot the additional money in there will (to a point) yield a equity/pot odds ratio of > 1.

Barron