Thread: AA34 ds hand
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: AA34 ds hand

It all looks fine to me. I would be less inclined to raise this hand from the BB because it is so hard to play a one pair high and second nut low out-of-position. I wouldn't consider the raise bad, only a matter of post-flop style of play. (I would gladly reraise, though, if I could get a substantial chunk of my stack in preflop.)

The bets on the flop and turn are the only way to go. You are really just hoping that MP1 is calling with a low draw. I think the range of hands you put her on is too narrow, in general, however. I would not be surprised to see a 2-pair high from a weak player here.

Also, sometimes a very aggro strong player will call with a pair of queens (if he's holding something like KQJT). Since he's in position, he can expect to make a bunch of money from a likely AA or low draw (you) if a high card comes on the turn. The fact that you raise pot so infrequently makes this a much easier play to pull off. From your description of the players, though, it doesn't sound like this should be a concern.