View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Advice on Moving Beyond 30/60 Online

I started playing a couple of years ago online, and have moved up from the .5/1 step by step to the 30/60. In Feb. I started playing 15/30 (for the second time), and played only 42K hands before I moved to 20/40 and 30/60. I was 4 tabling and was at 2.8bb/100 at the end of the 42K. Since moving up I have only played 29K hands, but am 4 tabling at over 3.4 bb/100, I understand that I could never maintain that number.

My bankroll is sufficient to play 50/100 and higher, that is not my concern. My concern is how well I play. I feel very very confident against poor players, and feel that I have good game selection. I play some short-handed but only against really bad players, I have excellent results in these games. I feel as though my style of play is neither tight nor loose ~18VPIP in a full game, nor is it passive or aggressive, 1.83. I try to evaluate every situation individually, and I believe my strength is recognizing which pots are possible to steal and which are not.

My questions are these, how should I prepare for the jump to higher limit and better players? What games at what sites should I start on? Should I play 6 max tables at Party for a couple weeks to get ready for the short-handed play? Have I played enough hands of middle limit to be moving up at all? Etc., etc.

I really appreciate any help from people who have made the jump. Even it is only an ancedote some something non-technical like that. I realize that I have not contributed to the forum very much. I do a lot of reading, but to be honest I usually find that the answers to problems posted are very good, and I couldn't really improve upon them. In case it isn't obvious, I'm a very young player, and consider myself inexperienced.

Thanks again,

Tony