View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Trip Report : Coffee Shop girl

While many of you advised against it, I did in fact go for coffee with girl X. I also told my girlfriend in advance, but I took the cowards way of saying (in response to her question about what I was doing that night) "just meeting up for coffee with a friend".

So I got there at 7:45 (we were meeting at 8) because I got a ride from my sister, and she had to be somewhere at 8. I sat down and read the paper until she arrived. I was fairly nervous but tried to play it off.

When she got there we got coffee, and there was a few seconds of akward silence and then we just started talking. We sat there for three hours talking about Rand, Lennon, Objectivism (she's big into Ayn Rand, has an Ayn Rand catalogue), Chomsky, American foriegn politics, her ex boyfriend, my girlfriend (a little), sex, relationships, highschool, life, Ayn Rand and how she doesn't want to be anyone's whore.

After three hours she drove me home.

She also gave me a book (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) which I read until I finished as soon as I got home. It made me cry like a baby, and I don't think I've EVER cried from reading a book before.