Thread: 150/300 hand
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 150/300 hand

with you and lager in the blinds, dont you think stox is raising a bit lighter than normal?

id 3bet JTs here to get lager OUT of the pot. he'll call with a lot here getting 5:1 and you dont want that. also, by 3betting, you will likely take the pot on the flop or turn w/ a bet due to stox's (possibly) perception of the tightness of the blinds that he is larcening.

as to the rest of the hand, flop is what id do (sometimes) turn/river combo is interesting though. you check raised the turn and checked the river. i think i see why you did that and it makes sense (kicker + raise possibility) but did you plan on folding to a 3bet on the turn? does he call turn checkraises to raise rivers w/ great hands? if so then i definately like your line but if he indeed bets here id say you're good a lot less than if you bet and he called....buuuuuuuuuut, calling the bet as less of a fav may be better than (more EV) than betting and having him call but also open up the possibility to a raise.

PS- these two recent posts about river play have just reinforced the concept that the river is now where the money is.

Barron