View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: I folded TPTK for more one bet in a big pot on the river

[ QUOTE ]
well, i tried. really though, moderately aggressive 5/10 6-max players aren't bluffraising the river here on a K6789 board in a multiway pot. you're just not going to see a worse hand. i know you really want to see a showdown here, but i really think that if a non-unknown is capable of bluffraising the river in a spot this bad/obvious (let alone doing it PERIOD,) you'd know about it already.

[/ QUOTE ]
It happens now and then when you least expect it. You need to remember that the bet-fold gains only a fraction of a BB of EV compared to checkcalling. Say 1/4 BB just to have a number.

Compare that 1/4 BB gain with the roughly 10 BB you stand to lose from having the pot stolen and you see the true odds you are getting on this play.

I'm not saying that the bet-fold is wrong this time. Actually I'm OK with it. But I think many players underestimate the risk they are running when they use this play. It's a whole pot versus the small fraction of a bet of EV they are trying to squeeze out by betting a dicey hand.