View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Q9o preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However your edge is probably relatively slim, and easily eliminated by possible action behind you. Also probably easily erased by any mistakes you may make post-flop. In one of the Poker Essay volumes; Mason talks about hands that are either small winners or losers... this would seem to be one of them... I believe he advises getting away from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, that is too generic of a thought. I think being able to find the value of hands like these will make you a much bigger winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

However that is where we are at. The value of these hands is based upon the information available. Since the hand is thin to begin with, I would guess the value would fluctuate greatly depending on the opposition.

In this one particular situation described in the OP, I think there is a fair chance that we have misinterpreted the limper as a loose passive post flop player. He is definetly loose pre-flop. But as I said in my original post his AF rating of "1" gives me reason to suspect he may not be terribly passive post-flop. In other words he may play after the flop much more reasonably (not to say well)than he does pre-flop.

If that is the case a good chunk of our edge will be based on superior PF standards. So against this particular player, without more information (ie a specific reason/,ore specific stats or an observed exploitable tendency), I would fold.