View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Looking under the hood of a used pc.

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be too worried without warranty docs, but it's something to get if you can - I would really want one for that oh-so-expensive CPU, however, the use of non-standard cooling may have voided thet one with AMD anyway. Do not mention water cooling if you ever have to deal with AMD direct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again for the help. How will AMD know if I used water cooling or not anyway? Also, if I don't have it warrantied, is AMD going to give me problems?

He bought it for Everquest 2 and hated the game, so now he is selling it.

[ QUOTE ]

If it was my money, presuming it passed my scrutiny of working properly, i would buy it with no warranty at $1K, no doubt. The CPU is near that alone. If you have to replace half the parts due to failure (not likely), it would still be cheaper than to buy this new (unless one of the parts was the CPU)

[/ QUOTE ]

True, except I am not even going to use this PC for gaming. It is simply a very good value that gives me excellent features for a cost comparable to buying a base system and upgrading it. I actually only need a modest CPU w/ HT, 1 GB Ram, 2 HDDs(40+ GB), Modest Video Card...etc