View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Line Check - 99 in the SB

Preflop I think you played it fine. Calling is the best option here because if you reraise and MP1 pushes you really can't call.

I think you start to get into trouble on the flop. No need to bet more than the pot when initial raiser probably has overs. The flat call by the BB should have you worried, but you could still very well have the best hand.

Your push on the turn is pretty bad IMO. Your not getting called by many worse hands (maybe a few lower pocket pairs) and its doubtful that you can get a better hand to lay it down. I think most times I would check/call the turn here and reevaluate on the river, probably calling a reasonable bet.

Because the BB got in for cheap with good odds, I think you will certainly see trip 4s once in awhile. Something like A4s or 55 is definitely possible, even if the BB is tight.

I think this hand is a good example of one where you want to keep the pot small. If you had raised the flop less and taken an alternate line on the turn, you definitely could have left yourself some chips if you ended up losing.