Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Iran

[ QUOTE ]
The cold war conflicts mostly had a US vs. USSR undertone. The US had nukes, so did the USSR. Hence there is a behind teh seens power struggle. I'm sure you know all this and so I'm not going to explain it further.

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured the Cold War would be your fallback plan. But we weren't fighting the U.S.S.R. directly. I doubt that the Russians would be willing to nuclearly (real word?) defend the N.Koreans or Vietnamese. But take both Gulf Wars, Bosnian war, and any of the handful of other conflicts and none of them went nuclear even though one side had nukes and the other did not.

[ QUOTE ]
There has been no international pressure placed agianst the US to abandon any nuclear programs, even though we are the only nation in the history of the planet earth who has used a nuclear weapon on forgien soil.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who would apply this pressure internationally? There's certainly been domestic pressure to abandon such programs, but they're futile. So basically what pressure there's been has been to reduce the number of nukes.