View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu\'s 2004 - Wow.

zaxx,

I'm not looking to get into an argument with you about the strength of the Nebraska Cornhusker football program. If you have a deep seeded need to slam a team that I like then so be it. Hell I've lived in the heart of Texas....you don't think people give me [censored] for being a Husker?

All I know is that they ended up the '04 season with a 5-6 record and though they didnt play some of the teams you mentioned, they did play against some that were nationally ranked.

I also know that from 1994-2004 they have a 113-28 win loss record, have been ranked nationally in the top 20 nine out of those eleven seasons, and ranked in the top 10 nationally seven out of eleven.

Between '93-'97 they went undefeated during regular season play four out of five years ('93 11-1 lost the Orange Bowl, '96 11-2 won the Orange Bowl).

They won a national championship title in 1994(13-0),1995(12-0), and 1997 (13-0). Not to mention the other two that they had from the Devaney years.

So though it's true they might not be the team they were a few years ago, I'm not a fair weather fan and am willing to give them time to regain some of their prominence.

I'm not sure how old you are (and don't care), but based on your hyper-aggressive tone suffice it to say I have probably been a Husker fan longer than you've been alive.

My only point to that statement is....nothing you say is going to make me change my mind. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Husker66 "fan since 1966- that's a long time!"