View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Funniest Moment, but you can not laugh.

Wedding of my college advisor. Her new hubby was a Buddhist, and while relatively sane, her hubby's brother was completely nutso. The wedding had a different format and before vows were taken a bunch of people got up and spoke for 5-15 minutes about marriage, the new couple, etc.

Anyway, one of the speakers was the new hubby's brother, a practictioner of the Batshit Sect. I wish I could remember the whole spiel, but I can't. I DO remember that there were flying monkeys of blessings or somesuch -- seriously, flying monkeys. Nine of them, I think, and I'm pretty sure they were holy in some way. He goes on and on and on about the monkeys and all of this other stuff and I almost lost it. It would have been a political disaster for me of major proportions if I had broken out in uncontrolled laughter during her wedding, so I held it in, but god it was tough. My gf was there as well and she had just as much difficulty not losing it. I think there were a couple times I bent forward, sides aching, gagging back the laughs . . . I pretended to just look at my shoes.

Afterwards I made a couple of inquries of others as to what they thought of the talk -- specifically, this guys' talk. They said it was very interesting, and appreciated being able to hear people with different belief systems speak.

Right.