View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: The Evils of Open-Limping

I don't see why open limping is any worse in 6max than it is in the equivalent position in full-ring. 6max is full-ring minus the opening 3 or 4 positions, so it's just as if the first 3/4 have folded to you. If you wouldn't open-limp in 6max, then you ought not to open limp from MP in full-ring.

Open limping from earlier positions in full isn't bad at all, though is dependent on the table (high VPIP, low PFR). There's no point in open limping with 33 from MP1 if there are people on your left smart enough to isolate you.

I've got to say that I do like this topic. I rarely open-limp, and never do it in 6max, but can admit that I don't quite know why. Are there situations in 6max where open-limping is ok? If the table is high VPIP, low PFR, then limping with mid-connectors or low pairs isn't much bad, is it?

At many tables, my bread and butter is isolating weak players who have cards that (they think) are worth a limp, but not a raise. Maybe my disdain for open-limping comes from wanting to be the isolator and not the isolated.