View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Because I\'m a little rusty... Good or bad?

[ QUOTE ]
heres my thought process:

I think check raising the flop, may help to define his hand a little better (beacuse even though the sample size is tiny, he seems loose). If he calls the flop c/r, Id lead turn, and fold to a raise. If he 3 bets the flop, I call, and then check/fold the turn (unless you had odds for the 4 outer there, I foget), and then check/fold the river. Id be able to sleep a little more sound my way, but I dunnoooooo.....nh

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to jump in here...ok yeah I do. Isn't this one of those spots where you're either way ahead or way behind in the flop. Seems to me like if hero's behind he's got 3 outs (at best), and if he's ahead villian has 2 outs. This is a common spot for misplaced aggression, we don't want to define our hand for him, and give him a chance to play correctly.

IMO the flop and turn are good. I'd lead the river, given that hero checked I think you have to call. The pot is huge, and granted there aren't any hands that a "reasonable" player bets again on the river (except for a total bluff), but we don't know that he's reasonable. Combine that with the fact that you never gave villian reason to think you had an Ace he might be making a hopeless bluff or a really thin value bet.

Given the way you played the flop/turn, the river is a must call, IMO.

lf