View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Foreclosed Homes?

a house gets forclosed on because its worth less than what owed on it. the people leaving ususally leave it in bad repair. you can find some from hud or such but most times the people bid too high for them. what you read in the papers isnt what really happens. i have bought a few and it isnt worththe trouble looking unless you accidently come on a good one. the time when they are good deals is in depressed areas. and that may not be where you want to live.
you can find a better deal by finding an owner that needs to sell and maybe even getting owner financing from him. just make lots of offers on houses that need some cosmetic work and sooner or later you will get one at the right price.

where to start is go to the local realtors multiple listing site and look at all the houses for sale in your price range. and look thru those magazines they put out. then go drive by as many as you can and get a feel for what houses are worth. then see a realtor and have him pick out ten or so good ones for you to get in and see. then begin to decide what you want.
i get my best deals thru realtors with the least work.