View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 PM

Default 400nl AK turn decision vs. deep opponent

UTG is sort of a donkey (58/20/~1) (same villian as in my previous hand, but read has changed), he's v. easy to read in the hands he plays against other people at the table. But I suspect he's actually decent, since he plays fairly decent vs. me (b/c of stacks). He calls flop very lightly vs me tho, and the times i've seen him bet into me when i've been the aggressor it's always been on the river when he's made his draw. I don't knwo what to make of his turn donk-bet, I suspect it's a flushdraw or steal of some kind as I expect him to raise KQ 100% of the time. It could be som other 2 pairs tho or a set (even deuces, he's loose enough to call the flop with that). EDIT: Although I have seen him limp v. good hands occasionally and play them passively on the first few streets, This usually hasn't been UTG tho, and it has never been semi-decent hands like KQ.

I've been raising him frequently preflop (and showing down lots of different hands, I could very well have 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 22 or a similar type hand here) and calling his raises liberaly as I want to play a lot of pots vs. him to stack him, he knows this and has been avoiding it.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

CO ($296.16)
Button ($453.50)
SB ($80.04)
BB ($642.43)
UTG ($1861.70)
Hero ($1540.60)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, CO calls $18, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $14.

Flop: ($60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, CO folds, UTG calls $40.

Turn: ($140) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>, Hero's plan?

EDIT: Given the above, I'm not looking to fold (although if someone can make a persausive argument to do so I'd consider it). But I'm probably not looking to play a huge pot either as I'll almost surely lose if I do.