View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Question for Thirtysomethings or older...

Tuesday I will turn 31. I have been very depressed lately. I am nowhere close to where at 21 I thought I would be in 10 years. My life has been in a rut for 5+ years.

Here are some reasons why (in no particular order)...

My significant other (Kyle) gets killed by an underage drunk driver.
I was laid off from my dream job at IBM in Dallas, and in the past 7 years in of being in Mississippi have never had a year where I even made 1/2 of what I made in Dallas.
A house fire destroys everything I hold dear including every physical memory and momento of my life with Kyle as well as all my childhood things.
I severely injured my right leg at a job here which requires almost 3 years of my life for surguries/recovery to get to a point that I can walk as best I can from.
My father dies of a heart attack at the age of 60 (A great man but one who lived far beyond his means and paycheck to paycheck).
I had to move in with my mother to take care of bills so she was not left destitute.
A year ago I found out that I am diabetic.
A couple months ago I come very close to being killed in a head on collision where I break my good leg.

Do you ever wonder where the hell did I go wrong in life to get to this point? I sure as hell do.

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]