View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: 5/10: QJ gets in big pot, rivers trips, gets donked

[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is good if it will clear out gutshots that will be made by you spiking a pair (JT, QT) or hands that have you reverse dominated. In a pot this large, I don't think it will, but it's not terrible to throw a bet out there and see what happens. Another possible benefit would be to fold out button, giving you position for the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was really hoping to fold out button, mostly. There's a decent number of hands he'll coldcall pf and not like the flop, mainly PPs with some suited aces and connectors thrown in. Also, if he's passive, there's a small chance that, even if he calls, I can get him to check behind on the river, if something like the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] comes. Its pretty questionable, which is why Krishan questioned it.

There's also the issue of how much I really care about seeing the river. I've got 4 dirty outs, and that's about it. I don't really care about a c/r from BB, because that means I'm done with the hand after seeing a non-T turn. It costs one BB extra, but at the time I thought getting the button would be very important.