View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: I am the biggest fish on Party.

(Warning: Grunch by a green fish)

Pre-flop you have two overcards, but not a pair. And they're not suited. So other than having overcards, you are playing a drawing hand.

Only two other players are in the pot when it gets to you. That's not good odds for playing a drawing hand. But they're overvards, and one's an ace, so you call. Then BB raises. He's projecting strength. I think your overcards are strong enough to call the raise, but I'm a fish.

The Flop helps you, so you bet. Then BB raises. He's not afraid of that king or that queen. At this point I put him on hand with either KX or QX, or maybe high suited connectors like JT. Then Button 3-bets. Now, he could have either KK, QQ, or KQ. But if he did, then he would have raised pre-flop. But if he had JTo then it would have been right for him to just call pre-flop and 3-bet a floped straight. At this point I start thinking hard about folding. When BB caps after you called the raise, I think it's time to swallow your pride and fold. But I'm a fish.

The turn helps you. You now have a flush draw. Not a nut flush draw, but close. You check and BB bets. That shows he's not afraid of someone holding KK, QQ or two hearts. Then Button calls. I'm putting Button on a made straight and BB on a made flush. At this point all you have is two ladies and a flush draw. I would fold and switch to decafinated Pepsi. But like I said, I'm a fish.

The River brings you your flush. I would never have seen this hand through to the River, but now that you're here you're actually in good shape. There are only three hands that can beat you - Ah for the nut flush and either Th 8h or 8h 5h for the straight flush. I would bet and I would also re-raise. But I would also prepair myself to see that ace of hearts.