View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: ATs against a LAG

jason - i like it, for once we can agree on something i guess

anyway, to address eeyores questions:

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you 3 bet preflop???

[/ QUOTE ]

this guys a LAG, so his opening range is probably pretty wide, although 16%PFR is not that high, theres still a good chance that ATs has him beat, especially if jason has a read on him that he likes to open Ax or something(i dont know if he does or not), for an UTG raise ATs is probably near the bottom of the range id 3-bet with here

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, you might be behind 3 sevens so why on earth would you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

theres really no reason to put this guy on a seven, i think this raise is very standard

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call for my image but then fold the river. The river is the worst of all. Yeah you have a full house but even those need to be valued relatively to our opponents possible hands (read: quads). you are spewing here and wont be able to move up limits with play like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding the river is out of the question, im not giving this guy credit for quads or an overpair at this point, keep in mind hes a loose-aggressive and jason has a history with him being overly aggressive, i dont know how much value there is to a 3-bet, but i dont know the player, i think this hand is played fine if this guy is truely a LAG

edit - i just realized this guy might be a gimmick account