View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: ($11) AKs L1 multiway, TPTK checkraised

The larger PF raise than usual was an attempt to get it shorthanded in an attempt to avoid this situation. I hate getting all my money in PF in L1 with TPTK and no draw.

In this situation, the call is easy(it's even profitable against A3. Yay for hidden outs). Betting less on the flop is probably a good idea, but a 200 bet that gets called or raised means I've only got ~500 behind against a 700+ pot. IOW, there's no way I'm getting away on the turn or river. My stack being less than 3x the size of the pot and that flop including an ace makes postflop play extremely simple: the money goes in the middle. Either I'm folding the flop or I'm allin.

Reviewing my actions, I'm thinking that I'm getting away from a set a great deal more often by limping preflop. I don't know if the gain from getting away from sets is worth the equity edge I'm giving up.

Also, in situations such as this perhaps a flop check would coax some money out of midpairs and weak Axs that fold to the leadout. A check also probably lets me get away from the hand if there's a LP bet and a EP c/r.