Thread: America Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: America Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway. Yes my viewpoint is extreme and no I don't think anyone in the two party system we have in this country has the abilitiy or the balls to stem the tide of hatred America is creating throughout the world.

However, I feel my comments were made in the emotion of seeing this country which could benefit the world so greatly instead re-elect a man who is hell-bent on pushing American values, standards and morals on a world that will not and should not accept them. The way of life here is no "better" than anywher else, it is only different. Every powerful nation in history has tried to colonize the world and the United States has proven it is no different.

First we colonized the west, then the south, now the far east. By implanting "our" brand of government we are forcing our worldview on others, and doing so with violence.

Why do you think terrorists attack this country? Were they simply born EVIL? (As the current administration would have you believe). NO! They attack us for very clear reasons, because we force ourselves on them, because we demand that the United States point of view is superior to all others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post, I agree 100%.