View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: An open letter to the forum

what makes you so high and mighty to look down upon anyone who makes a post that is "old news" to you?

if someone took the time to make as many keystrokes as it takes to type out a "n00b post", then they clearly have a honest question they want an answer to. You and I may know how the seach function works, and *whos* posts we should pull out of memory/history to get the answer, but the person with a 2 digit post count may not know these things.

I dont like your attitude. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Its not your forum to make rules for. You dont have to answer a post you are too good for, but you needent bitch about them either. You think you ever asked some n00b stuff when you were starting out? I think you have. I did. Did you get a meaningful response from some pooh-bah that obviously has answered the same question 5 times before? I did. Did you appreciate him taking the time to answer your question? I did. I suspect you also appreciated it at the time, but have forgotten, and are not willing to reiprocate now, as you have learned what you needed to learn.

BL' [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]