View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: When Villains Attack

Hi, I'm usually in the MTT forum, but I check around here sometimes as the $33 party SnGs are my main squeeze.

I've actually been making this move a LOT in SnGs in the last month or two. I pretty much never fold when I do it though, I do it when I have a set or AK w/ a paired K/A. This move was discussed in MTT sometime back as a way to get more value out of agressive villians when you're pretty sure you have them beat, rather than trying to get them to fold. In MTT it was advanced as an alternative to c/ring the flop. Waiting till the turn allows the other guy to feel better about his hand and/or get pissed at you and so he's more likely to pay you off, rather than c/ring the flop which could be seen more easily as "he has me beat". In other words if you c/r the flop, villian might just think "ok, he has me beat, I can't call with my flush draw", whereas doing it on the turn makes him feel more committed to the hand, or maybe even lets him improve a little w/o beating you.

Overall, I see it as an alternative to the c/r, and is a good way to mix things up (as I rarely c/r these days).